Friday, January 28, 2011

Valentine Mail

I love Valentines Day. . .the red, white, love, candy, flowers, cards!!  It's just a fun filled holiday that you can do so much with!!  Every year I do the 14 days of Valentines for my husband.  This year I thought it would be fun to included my children.  When I was at Sam's Club the other day I was looking at their "clearance" section and I found these cute Christmas boxes filled with chocolate covered pretzels. They were 2.91 for three of them, so I thought "well if the chocolate is nasty I can always use the boxes for something". . .I wish I would of picked up another set. . . so I could of made a set for each of the kids, but since I didn't I am just making one for my Husband and one for the kids.

Here are the boxes. . .aren't they so cute. . .I love the tops.  My first thought was to use the tops as is, so I had some blue paint almost the exact same color as the blue background, so I painted the boxes blue.
 I was very surprised at how it covered, and I only had to do one coat. I love the little window!!
 I added some little touches. . .very simple.  Do you notice how the "mail" on the left side is not centered.  After putting the stickers on I realized they needed to slide over a little bit to make it centered. The M and the A came off, but when I went to pull the I off the paint started to come with it. . . .yikes. . .not wanting to have to paint it again and wait for it to dry (I am so impatient like that)- I just tied the ribbon around and put the knot in the middle of the I and L. . .hehe    After decorating everything the tops still made them look to Christmas-y so I left them off.
Stay tuned for what I am going to do for each of my days of Valentines. . . since my husband and children don't ever read this blog. . . I can post them for you. . . .if you would like to join along, go find some cute boxes to make over, or check out these cute chairbacks from potterybarn if your ambitious, those would be easy to make and super cute!

No comments: