Saturday, January 1, 2011

Grommet Curtains

I am in the process of decorating my laundry room, and I have fallen in love with the Grommet style curtains, and decided that is what I wanted.  After making them last night, I wanted to post it so that you would all know how super easy they are!
I bought my grommets at Hobby Lobby.  You need to make sure that you get the kind that will just snap together, or else you will have to buy the machine along with it. . .and that can get expensive.  The ones I bought are plastic, but once you get it on your curtain, you can hardly tell.  It came with 8 grommets, to do one panel.  It also has this nifty little measuring tool to help you get the right sized hole.  
 I did my holes about 3 1/2 inches from the top and about 9 inches apart.  I also cut my hole a little smaller then the outline.  After doing the first one, I noticed that I didn't need to cut the hole quite so big.  I used pretty heavy fabric-singled, but there was plenty of space and the snapped together very nicely, so if your worried about thick fabric, don't be-it works great!
After you cut out all your holes,*hint* measure all holes before cutting incase you make a mistake* just take a bottom grommet and fit into the hole of the fabric, and then snap on the top! that easy!!  It helps to use a hard surface.  I used 7 of my grommets, because I measured wrong :)-but it would be better to use 8 grommets on a 54 inch wide fabric.  When I get my laundry room put together I will show pictures of how they look, but for now I don't want to ruin the surprise!!

3 comments:

Pattie D said...

Can't wait to see it all done! I am kind of liking that fabric....and the grommets do look metal in the picture, not plastic...I might have to try those for the sliding glass door...

Connie~ said...

Yay! Kissing Frogs Too are back. I always enjoy seeing your creations!

CandiShack said...

ooh, ooh!! I'm excited to see the room! I think I need to come over... the suspense is killing me. :)