Saturday, January 15, 2011

Here We Come!

So my Husband got a job in Idaho... we are very excited for this opportunity. Though, with this opportunity comes colder weather... Let's face it Arizona has some nice weather, very mild. I mean today when some people could be getting snow we are having tempratures in the upper 60's. So my children do not have many warm clothes. So I decided that I was going to make Princess P a cute earmuff headband.  If it looks big that is because it is. I made it so that she can also wear it again next year. So what I did was I embroidered the flowers on two correlating prints with my strip. I actually digitized the image... Oh, how I am going to miss my mom's embriodery machine :(. Then I cute the strip 3 inches, and I cute the fleece 2 inches. I sewed so that right sides were facing eachother. I then turned it. I pressed it and cut an elastic that was about an inch bigger than my daughter's head. I fed the elastic through. Then I sewed the open pieces together. Then I set the hem to one side and sewed that down.

Then I machine stitched he bottom flower on and then I hand stitched the top flower on. We are so excited to move and we are getting more and more ready!

No comments: