Tuesday, January 25, 2011

New Product

When I thought about decorations for the laundry room there was one thing I wanted to do and that was cover frames in moss, I love the color of the moss and I wanted to add that texture and look into the room.  I went in search of some moss, and could only find big clumps of stuff sold in a big bag. I held off on getting something and I am glad I did, because when I ran into JoAnns the other day I found this:
It's moss, but a sheet of it, almost like moss fabric :) It says it's a new product, not sure how new it is, but I haven't ever seen it. . . I knew this would be perfect to cover the frames.
 First I covered the frames with the green flower tape I had from another project. After completeing the project I would say this step is a must. . .it helped hold the moss while I glued it down, and it helped camoflauge the frame so I didn't have to cover the whole frame.
 As you can see in this picture I layed it up next to the inner frame, and then wrapped it a little bit around the side.  I used my hot glue gun to glue it down.
 I used the same ribbon i had used to tie back the curtains, and hung them on the wall.  I love the softness look of the ribbon, and it turned out just how I wanted!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The next time I see you at JoAnns I'm going to follow you around just to see what you're getting! So cute!