Sunday, October 3, 2010

Simple Baby Gift

 I am all about easy and quick, and when it comes to gifts, I like to have stuff on hand so I don't have to run to the store all the time trying to find a gift.  So once a year JoAnn's has a sell on their flannel. (usually black Friday).  I try to stock up on a bunch of flannel to make baby blankets.  I usually get a yard and a half of each color so that I have enough for the blanket and enough to make a few bibs.  I usually get two coordinating patterns to use together.
Next I take each piece and fold it into a large triangle and cut off the excess to make a square.

I then unfold it and fold it in half and in half again to make a little square.  I find the corner that has no folds and using a plate as a template I round my corners.

For this project I will be using a surger.  If you don't have a surger you can still use your sewing machine and just hem the edges.  Here is an example of how you could do your corners if you don't have a surger.
Just make sure you cut that little tab sticking out before sewing.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the single weight blankets.  They are perfect for using inside, for any baby born any time of the year, because usually the house temp is kept close to the same all year round.  Fold them all cute together and add a ribbon.  These are fast and so easy to do up a bunch of them and then you always have a baby gift ready. 

No comments: