Thursday, October 14, 2010

10 Tips in Getting Organized and Staying There

So people who know me call me somewhat of a minimalist. I enjoy the fact that I am a minimalist, everything is in is place and I don't have a lot of stuff. Now my sister would tell you growing up I was not like this, I was not an organising minimalist. Though through the years for some reason or another I have become such. So I would love to share the knowledge that I have and hopeful it will help in your endeavours! I find that I need fall cleaning and spring cleaning... so because of where I live it is just now feeling like fall. And that irritating feeling of everything needs to be in is place is creeping in!

1. When organizing, group stuff together
2. I find using clear storage containers help you to know what is in there and if it needs to be cleaned out!
3. Label everything
4. Closets are not the best for storing, if you have other options like an attic or a garage use those first
5. If you only have closets, clean it often, and make sure stuff as not got pushed to the back that you cannot see.
6. Things that are used often keep toward the front
7. If you need to stack up, stack things on top that you use more often
8. Keep holiday decoration out in the garage, and keep them in order of holiday
9. When it comes to kids clothes keep them in boxes of size
10. Keep it up!

So here are my tips I hope it will help!

No comments: