Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Princess/Queen Crown and Wand

My children this year are going to be characters from the board game Candyland.  My oldest is a girl and she is going to be Queen Frostine.

For her dress I used an old bridesmaids dress and cut it shorter and added some white fluff.  Nothing to extreme, but I ended up making her wand and crown, so I thought I would share how to make an easy crown and wand, for any kind of princess.

I lost my camera so the pictures of the steps are also lost, so I am going to do my best to explain without them. 
For the crown, I took a plastic headband that I had and formed out of wire the shape of the crown.  I glued the crown form to the headband.  I cut strips of the same white fluffy fabric I used on the dress, and wrapped the fabric around the wire and headband.  Every so often I would secure the fabric with a little thread.  After I wrapped the fabric, I wrapped some beads I had leftover from another project.
For the wand I also formed the design out of wire, and wrapped it the same way as I did the crown, but for the handle I used a dowel so it would be a little more sturdy. My Queen Frostine loved how it turned out!
This would even be fun to make for birthday or Christmas gift for any girl who loves to play dress up!

No comments: