Thursday, October 7, 2010

Alternative to Carving Pumpkins

I know carving Pumpkins is the tradition, but pumpkins just keep getting more and more expensive, and this might be a fun way to keep your pumpkins year after year or maybe just a fun craft to do with the kids. First find the size of terra cotta pots that you would like to use.  I just used what I had around so mine are little.  This is a great time of year to do a project like this because all the garden stuff is going on sale.
Next give them a few coats of orange paint.

I used felt to make my eyes and mouth, but you could also use paint.  Add a stem and some leaves.
Ours are out front and have become the welcoming committee!
Note:  I took the picture before the glue dried.  So that white stuff on top will eventually become clear

1 comment:

Pattie D said...

okay these are soooo cute, I just might have to do some for our front door too...vinyl would make great faces too!