Saturday, October 2, 2010

Halloween gifts...

Cake stands can be used for a lot of things. And normally cake stands can be a little expensive here is a cake stand idea that you could make for around 2 dollars. You can go to any store and find a plate and bowl that look good together. I like to look at clearance items. Normally you can find a plate and bowl for a dollar each. Or you can head down to a thrift store.
 So you find a bowl and a plate that match.

I love the look of this plate it looks so antique.

I bought all-porpose cement glue for a dollar and placed a generous amount of glue on the bottom rim of the bowl.

Make sure you get it all the way around.

Then place it in the center of the bottom of your plate. I place two heavy books on it, so that it would adhere completly. Let it set for 24 hours.

All finished. Now you have some time to make some delicous Halloween cookies to put on them.

This makes a great gift for about 5 dollars.

And it looks yummy. And beautiful. You can let them keep the cake stand because it was nice and cheap, and they will think you spent some good money on it.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I love it! I can't wait to make one this week! The cookies look yummy too :)

Nat said...

I need to go get a plate and bowl now. This is so BEAUTIFUL!

Alex and Kimberly Rasmussen said...

What cute plates, I can't believe you found those for so cheap!!