Monday, November 8, 2010

Mom's Quick Breadsticks

My mom has this great recipe for bread sticks, they are fast and easy and very delicious.
Mix together:
2 cups Flour
2T sugar
1tsp salt
1T yeast (I use the rapid rise)
Add:
1 1/2 cups hot water
slowly add 1 1/2 cups of flour
I mix mine in my Kitchen Aid, and so after the flour is mixed I let the mixer knead it for me, but if you are using just a bowl, you will need to knead it for a few minutes. After kneading this bread is perfectly fine to be rolled out immediately, if you want to let it rise that is fine, but there is no need.
Next I add butter,and cheese and a little sprinkle of garlic salt with parsley. Just put the cheese on the bottom half because you will be folding it in the next step. 
Next you will fold it in half and using a pizza cutter cut it in strips.  Then you take the top and bottom of each strip and twist in opposite directions to give it a spiral look. Place them on a cookie sheet or stone to rise. I then let them rise for 15-20 in a warm place, and then cook them at 400 for 15 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
I completely forgot to take a picture of them all done, and my kids gobbled them up so fast there weren't any leftovers, so you will have to make them to find out what they look like all cooked!!

1 comment:

Connie~ said...

EASY! My kind of bread! Thanks for sharing this... I'm going to give it a try!