Friday, November 12, 2010

Gospel Preschool

I have started with my kids a preschool that follows "Behold Your Little One" Nursery Manual.  Every Friday I will be posting the lesson and ideas of what I will be doing with my kids for the week.  I have been searching for something like this, and haven't run into anything I love, so I have decided to do my own.  Hope you can join us!

First Lesson  "I am a Child of God"

Monday- Go over the lesson and explain what the theme for the week is and sing songs.  Some songs might include:  I am a child of God, I'm all made of Hinges,  Every star is different, I'm thankful to be me, I am like a star, Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam. (these songs are all out of the Primary Children's Songbook click here to find the songs.

Tuesday- Find books at the Library that go along with the theme.  Here is what we got: No matter What, Love you Forever, I take care of Myself, A color of his own, and One beautiful baby. Our Library has a website that you can reserve the books you want, so they have them already pulled when you get there, check to see if yours has this program it saves so much time!

Wednesday- Play a game to go along with the theme- Go take pictures of your kids,and then develop 2 of each of them, go home and play the matching game.

Thursday- Spell names out with playdough.  Here is an easy recipe using kool-aid! And the best part it smells good :)
1 c. flour
1/2 c. salt
3 tbsp. oil
1 sm. pkg. Kool Aid (any color)

Combine flour, salt, oil and Kool-Aid. Add 1 cup boiling water. Stir together. Knead mixture until it forms a soft dough. This play dough will keep indefinitely if kept sealed when not in use.

Friday- Lunch at Burger King to get a King's crown. Or if you don't have money for that, make your own crowns at home, and decorate them.
Have Fun Learning!

2 comments:

CandiShack said...

Kimberly - this is my first time visiting this blog (I know I am slow). It is so cute! I am so glad you are posting these preschool ideas. I think I am going to copy you. This sounds like just what we need - me and the boys. Plus, you have made it so easy for me and done all the creative thinking! Thanks for being such a wonderful, inspiring woman!

CandiShack said...

p.s. does the koolaid play dough stain, though??