Thursday, November 4, 2010

Crown Keychains

I was in need of an idea to go along with a lesson I was doing and this is what I came up with.  Very easy and you could do it for a gift, birthday favors, or even wedding favors, if you wanted.
First you take Shrinky Dinks.  I found mine at Michael's in the scrapbooking isle.  I got the Frosted Ruff n' Ready-not sure what that means, but that is what was recommended on line when I did some research.  I drew a simple crown.  You can trace any clipart or any other crown you like.  Read the directions on the shrinky Dinks, because you have to trace on one side, and then if you want color, you color on the other side.
After coloring, make sure you punch a hole in it before you bake it.  Follow directions to bake it and it should shrink a third the size.  This particular one in the picture I didn't color.

I attached it to the keychain, added beads and little sticky jewels(also found in scrapbook isle) to give a little bling. I used a jumpring to hang the crown on so it would jingle a little bit and not be so tight. This one I colored a light pink.  FYI: The color gets brighter after baking.  These were quick and very simple. Simple enough to do at a little girls birthday party :)


Cost
Shrinky Dinks- 5.99 for 10 sheets
Beads-Used ones I had at home, but they sell them for 1-2 dollars at Wal-mart
Key Chains- 2.99 for 20
Bling-2.99 for 150

I made 37 little crowns, and I still have 7 sheets of Shrinky Dinks left, and a few blings!

No comments: