Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Kids Play Aprons


For Christmas we are making our kids a play kitchen. And if they have a play kitchen they need everything to go along with it. Therefore I made aprons. It is super easy and you don't need a pattern. First you measure accross your child's chest my son was 6 inches then you measure across their bellies, what you want the apron to cover. Make sure you add 2 inches for seam allowance. Then you measure the length and add 1 inch. Then you cut and interfacing to match the top. Do the straps, and your done. I used a overall buckle for one and little D rings for the other. My mom has an embroidery machine. I was able to embroider the cute little saying.

2 comments:

Cassie said...

So cute! I've been wanting to make some for the boys, I'll have to try it this way!

Lawson Family said...

Maybe you're already doing this, but my kids just love the felt food!