Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Re-using Clothes

It's that time of year to go through kids close and get rid of summer stuff and pull out the fall clothes.  I had some pants that my youngest boy worn last year, but has now grown out of.  By the look of these pants, most of you would probably just get rid of them, but I knew I could make them cute for my youngest to wear, which was in need of pants anyway.
 First I cut them down to the length I needed.  The style of the torn jeans is in right now, so I knew I could get away with the holes in the knees, and around the pockets.  I had some yellow polka-dot fabric laying around, that I just love, so I put that behind the holes, so no diapers would be showing through. I added ruffles to the bottom of the legs, with the same fabric.  My plan was to make it match with a shirt she already had, so I added some gold and white embellishments, with these. . .
Do you remember these from the eighties??!!!  I had a few laying around, and they were perfect for this project.



I didn't get a picture of her in them, but she sure looks cute!  What clothes are you going to re-use today?

3 comments:

Pattie D said...

I don't think those holes will look as cute on me....I can't wait to see her in them! Makes me want to do some more thrift store shopping and ACTUALLY

My first thought when I saw these was...I am SOOOO glad I passed that sewing machine on to you and got one like it for your sister! Best investment ever!

Cassie said...

Those are darling! You did such an awesome job!

Christy said...

holy cow...cuteness!! I love those pants. Avery has a pair of jeans that are just darling even with a few holes in them, but to do re-use them in that way would be even more darling, and maybe not so "white-trash" look. ;)