Friday, October 15, 2010

Halloween Bouquet

These fun things are actually made out of my kids hand prints.  So this would be a fun Halloween gift along with a treat for Grandparents.  My kids helped me with this project, and for age, I would say this would be best for 4 and up.  My three year old LOVED it, but I had to help him with every step.  My 4 year old was able to trace and cut his own hand out.  Anyway if you really wanted to get fancy you could use dowels for the stems, to make them a little more sturdy to use year after year.

First you trace and cut out a hand. 
 Then using a pencil curl the fingers.
 The you will want to roll the hand up so the fingers are curled outward, and stick a pipe cleaner through the hole at the bottom of the rolled up hand.  I just used what I had around, but it would be fun to use black.
 Use a stapler to hold it together down at the bottom.
We added eyes at the bottom to hold them in and some glow-in-the-dark paint to the leaves to make them look really eerie :)-

1 comment:

Cassie said...

what a cute and fun idea!