Friday, October 1, 2010

I love my Mummy

I went to a friends house today and she had some amazing decorations up for Halloween.  I am not big into doing a lot of decorations, but I thought I needed to do a little something, and this was so much fun, there might be more to come!

First I took a Pringles can and cut it so one side was taller than the other.

 Next I took some white fabric I had and tore it into strips.
 Then I tied the strips together, so it was one long strip of fabric.
 I started to wrap the fabric around the can, but then I noticed that the can's colors were coming through, so I took some other white (i think it was a piece of batting by the yard I had left over) and wrapped it around the can.
 Then I continued to wrap the white tied fabric around it.  Added some eyes and they look so cute on my counter.
This would be really cute to do in orange for pumpkins, or black for bats or even a witch!

2 comments:

Nat said...

Those are so CUTE!!

The Petty Family said...

I love those mummies! They are adorable...