Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Monsters at Mealtime

I thought it would be fun to make a creepy Halloween lunch today for the kids. 
First I took apples and sliced them so they would be circles, then I used my candy thermometer to cut out the centers.
Then I took a sandwich bag and put peanut butter in it, cut a hole in the corner and put a glob of peanut butter.  Then I topped it with raisins for the eyes.
I put Mac-n-cheese down on the plate and then added the eyes. I cut little pieces of cheese for the hair, Cheetos for the mouth, fruit snacks for the nose and made finger down at the bottom to look like it was climbing out of the plate.

The funniest part was listening to the kids eat the monster.  "Ahhhahhahh. . .don't eat my nose!!"

1 comment:

The Petty Family said...

That is sooo cute and sooo creepy... I love it I will have to do that for my son! He will love eating a monster!