Monday, October 18, 2010

Continuation of Candyland

My second oldest is a boy and he is going to be Mr. Mint for Halloween.
This is so so easy and it turned out really cute. . .but I'm a little bias :)
For the pants (which i think I need to make a little shorter, or gather them) I just used an easy pant pattern, and then added strips for fabric for the straps. 
I made the "socks" by just using leftovers from the hat and sewing it together to form a tube.  I spray painted some old shoes red.

I made cute little buttons to cover up the seams and to add a little bit of fun to it.  My husband thinks I am dressing my boys up like girls . . .but it's candyland and I think he looks handsome :)

The hat is my favorite part, but was by accident it turned out this way.  I first made a tube type hat, and when I was done I thought it looked to much like Cat-in-the-Hat so I pulled the top together to get a little pom-pom effect.  The kids are so excited for Halloween, come back later this week to see what my two youngest are going to be!! :)

1 comment:

Cassie said...

SO cute! You did an awesome job!!!