Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Organizing the Bathroom drawers. . .

Look at these drawers!!! Can you believe I have been living with this for months. . .I finally decided today was the day it needed to be clean.  I thought I would share my organizing tips along the way.

 1.  Dump everything out of the drawers
2.  This would be a perfect time to wipe the drawers out, I love to use the Clorox wipes!
3.  Start putting stuff in piles.  Group things together that you want to go in each basket. for example I put my toothbrushes and toothpaste in a pile, I put my flossers and floss in a pile, I put my makeup in a pile-things like that, and make a trash pile-get rid of stuff you don't use or need, and a pile of stuff that doesn't belong in the drawers.
4. Make a list of what kind of baskets you will need to get.  Stick with square or rectangle ones, using round ones just takes up to much room
5. Make sure you measure the depth of the drawers so you don't get a basket to big.
6.  Leave your mess sitting on the floor and head to the store to get baskets. . .I like to shop at Wal-mart or the dollar store for things like this-you don't need expensive ones, just functional ones.
7. When you get back home all you will have to do is put the "group" of stuff all into one basket.
8. Then organize the baskets. Put things you use more up front, try different ways and see which one works best for you and your stuff.


Look at what a difference that makes. . .aaaaahhhhhhh!!  So nice.  I ended up having extra baskets so I did my Husbands drawers too!  Won't he be surprised!

No comments: