Tuesday, February 22, 2011

BeadBoard

So I finally did something I have been wanting to do in my house for a long time!  I wanted to do it in our last house, but by the time I got enought guts to do it myself, we put the house up for sale, so when we moved into this house, I knew I wanted to put beadboard somewhere. . .at first I thought the kitchen, but then some chain of events changed my mind about what I wanted to do in the entry way and so I decided that the entry way would be a perfect place to do beadboard. . . 
We love how it looks!  I got about half way done and realized I didn't take a before picture. . oops! I put a picture of the hallway in to give you kindof an idea of what it looked like before.

If you want to do beadboard in your house, go here she does a great job at explaining how to do it, and she is fun to read :)  Also don't feel like you have to have a bunch of tools to do this project.  I did this with an exacto knife, a hand saw, hammer, nails, and a caulk gun. It took probably longer then if I had all the tools, but I still was able to get it done.  I did about 15 feet of beadboard, and spent about 90.00 .  (I bought the pre-cut wood slates)You probably can't tell, but I made a mistake when I bought the beadboard, and bought 2 packages of beadboard and 4 packages paneling.  I didn't notice until I had stained everything, and couldn't take it back, so I just aternated the beadboard with the paneling.  I love how it makes the beadboard look subtle.

3 comments:

Pattie D said...

Dad says GREAT JOB! I say I can't wait to see it all....I love it, but I love the whole no empty chair thing. I think your entryway is a class act...very beautiful!
hugs

Nat said...

That is Awesome!

Christy said...

Wow! good job Kim! It's beautiful!